- This event has passed.
Exploring Autism and Co-occurring Behavioral Health Conditions
February 22, 2019 @ 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM$40
The workshop addresses the co-occurring behavioral health conditions that are most common in individuals with autism spectrum disorder. Content of the workshop includes:
- Characteristics and prevalence of co-occurring behavioral health conditions
- Differential diagnosis and characterization of behavioral health conditions in individuals with autism spectrum disorder
- Approaches to treatment of co-occurring behavioral health conditions in individuals with autism spectrum disorder
The target audience for the workshop includes psychologists, clinical social workers, counselors, and behavior analysts who work with individuals with autism
Speaker: Dr. Donald Oswald, PhD
Dr. Oswald is the Director of Diagnostics and Research at CA. He is a licensed clinical psychologist with over 35 years of experience working with people with autism spectrum disorders. Dr. Oswald obtained his PhD in clinical psychology in 1989 from Virginia Tech and completed a clinical internship at the Yale Child Study Center. He has been active in teaching and research related to the diagnosis and treatment of individuals with neurodevelopmental disorders. For 20 years, he was on the faculty in the Department of Psychiatry at Virginia Commonwealth University. While there, Dr. Oswald collaborated with the CA staff in creating the Diagnostic Assessment Clinic to provide diagnostic assessment services to young children and their families. Dr. Oswald is an Independent Trainer for the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2) and the Autism Diagnostic Interview – Revised (ADI-R) and offers workshops on these instruments throughout the state of Virginia.
**Please note that this workshop will take place on 2/22/2019 from 12:00PM-4:00PM.**
- Registration will close on 2/13/2019. The deadline to cancel your registration with a refund is 2/15/2019. After 2/15/2019, you will not be able to receive a refund.
- Participants will be provided with all training materials and a certificate of attendance.
- Early bird rate (before 2/11/2019) is $30.00.
- Regular rate (after 2/11/2019) is $40.00.
- There is a $15.00 rate for Virginia CSB, REACH, licensed day support and licensed residential staff, as well as discounts for Commonwealth Autism partners and staff. You must have a qualifying email address.
- If you qualify, please email Nick Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org for the coupon code.**