- This event has passed.
Autism Spectrum Disorders & Public Safety Considerations Guidance for Families, Caregivers, and Self-Advocates
June 6 @ 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
This training will review the characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and discuss how these characteristics may impact an individual’s personal safety. This training is intended to raise safety awareness, provide tips for preventing an unfortunate event, and sharing available resources.
- Review the characteristics commonly associated with ASD
- Describe how communication and interactions may be affected by ASD
- Discuss potential safety risks associated with ASD
- Discuss the dangers associated with elopement and wandering
- Identify strategies that could minimize or prevent safety risks
- Describe effective strategies that can be utilized when a crisis occurs
- Compile a list of available local, state and national resources.
*Free: This is a FREE training, but registration is required. This training is sponsored by Region III Crisis Response and Child Psychiatry Grant and presented by CA.
There are two time options for training. You will only need to register for one. Click here to learn more and register for the 2:30 training.