Autism Awareness & Support Strategies for Crisis Responders
June 5 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and how the characteristics of ASD may affect behavior and crisis situations. Participants will learn practice research-based strategies and interventions that can be utilized when responding to crisis situation. This training focuses solely on de-escalation strategies. No physical interventions will be discussed.
- List the characteristics commonly associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Describe and how communication and interactions may be affected by ASD
- List medical/physical health concerns often seen with developmental disabilities
- Discuss potential safety risks across the lifespan
- Discuss effective strategies that can be utilized when supporting people with ASD who may be in a crisis
*This training is FREE but registration is required. This training sponsored by Region III Crisis Response and Child Psychiatry Grant and presented by CA.